Cash Drawer

Discuss any issue concerning TrueCafe software

Cash Drawer

Postby Anau » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:17 am

Hi Serge

Am having problems with my cash drawer. Am using a USB Receipt printer and i connected the cash drawer to the receipt printer. the problem am experiencing is that the cash drawer will not open with your current option of configuring the cash drawer because it is set only in COM settings.

Could you put another option to open the cash drawer after of before the receipt is printed out.

THank You
Anau

Re: Cash Drawer

Postby Serge (TC) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:35 pm

Hello Anau,

Excuse me, what exact printer model do you use?

Regards,
Serge.
Serge (TC)
Site Admin

Postby Anau » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi

The printer that am using is a USB connected printer. the model is EPSON TM-T88IV.

Thank you
Anau

Postby Serge (TC) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:35 am

Doesn't the cash drawer opens when you print something on that printer from e.g. Notepad?

Regards,
Serge.
Serge (TC)
Site Admin

Postby fountainbedford » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi Serge,

I too am having issues with the cash drawer - in particular, the codes I enter in the box are being sent to the printer, but I can't send the exact codes needed to trigger the drawer. What is happening is the characters in the box are being sent, rather than the ASCII equivalents.

For example if I send the command:
#27#112#0#100#250

The printer prints this exact text, rather than it sending the ASCII codes for 'ESC p NULL d ·'

If I try to enter the exact ASCII codes in the box using ALT+27 etc, then I get a '?' for non-printable characters, so then the printer prints '?pd·' instead of opening the drawer, because it isn't getting the ASCII codes for the non-printable characters.

Can you help?

Chris
fountainbedford

Postby Serge (TC) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Hello Chris,

Do you have a cash drawer connected to your computer COM port, or it's connected via a receipt printer/USB?

Regards,
Serge.
Serge (TC)
Site Admin

Postby fountainbedford » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi Serge,

Thanks for your quick reply, and the amazing software, which is so stable, simple and functional compared to any other solutions I have tested.

It is connected via a receipt printer, which is USB, but set up to act as a serial port, so it is assigned a COM port. The signals are certainly getting from the software to the printer, as it prints a literal output of what is in the command field each time I click test, rather than converting the #27 to an ESC code, it prints '#27' for example.

Chris
fountainbedford

Postby Anau » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:25 am

Serge (TC) wrote:Doesn't the cash drawer opens when you print something on that printer from e.g. Notepad?

Regards,
Serge.

Hi Serge,

When i print using other POS software it prints the receipts and pushes the cash drawer out. and when i also test print it pushes the cash drawer out too.

but when i want to print a receipt from True Cafe Program it doesn't do anything.

is there a way that you can help me with please.

Cheers
Anau

Postby Serge (TC) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Hello Anau,

If you open Windows Notepad and print a simple test text from there, does your cash drawer opens or not?

Regards,
Serge.
Serge (TC)
Site Admin

Postby Anau » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Hi Serge.

i tried printing a test text on notepad and the cash drawer dose come out.

Cheers
Anau

Postby Serge (TC) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:17 am

Hello Anau,

Could you please contact me directly via MSN/Yahoo/Skype, we'd like to check your printer settings online:

http://www.truecafe.net/support.html

?

Regards,
Serge.
Serge (TC)
Site Admin

Postby Anau » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:37 am

Hi Serge,

Our times are different for us to chat.

when its day time on my side it is night at your place.

Please tell me what settings do you need for the printer and i will get you a screen shot.

Thanks
Anau

Postby Serge (TC) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:40 am

Open your Windows Control Panel > Printers, your receipt printer properties,

do you see

Printing Preferences >
Document settings >
Cash drawer

?

Regards,
Serge.
Serge (TC)
Site Admin

Postby Eyekon » Wed May 02, 2012 7:20 am

We are using the Samsung SRP-350 USB and having the same problems. We can get the receipt printer to print but the cash till still won't pop open. When we're using our original software (SmartLaunch) this works. We need to be able to see this working before we purchase the 15 licenses we're going to require so that we can move from SL to TrueCafe.

Any ideas?
Eyekon

Postby Serge (TC) » Fri May 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Hello Eyekon,

There is a problem with a cash drawer if it's connected via a receipt printer (not via COM port directly). We're working on this problem and hope we release the fix soon.

Could you please meanwhile contact me via MSN/Yahoo Messenger/Skype so we could inspect your receipt printer properties:

http://www.truecafe.net/support.html

?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Serge.
Serge (TC)
Site Admin

Return to General