Screen Blinking / Flashes

Discuss any issue concerning TrueCafe software

Screen Blinking / Flashes

Postby Jntshali » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:05 am

Hi Serge,

I have installed TrueCafe for cafe which is using ncomputing X550 terminals. The server computer runs Win Server 2008 R2 and the client computer runs win 7 Enterprise edition.
My problem is that the screens for the Ncompunging terminals will from time flash/blink intermittently. When the user tries to login the flashing will erase the login crednetials from the screen. In the case when user is already logged in the true-cafe timer window will pop up when screen blinks.This is really a problem and it upsets our clients. This was not a problem at with XP so I dont know if is related to the OS. Please advise asap. Johannes
Jntshali

Re: Screen Blinking / Flashes

Postby Serge (TC) » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Hello Johannes,

Haven't ever been reported on such a problem before... OK, you see TrueCafe Client login screen. Start typing login/password, do you get any problems on this stage?

Regards,
Serge.
Serge (TC)
Site Admin

Postby Dill » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:41 am

Serge,

I also had this issue when i installed Windows 7 on my clients. Seems like the software has some issues with Windows 7
Dill

Postby Serge (TC) » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:05 am

Hello guys,

1) Unfortunately we can't reproduce this problem. Do you install TrueCafe Client on a fresh Windows 7 installation?

2) Please tell us more (if possible, take a short video with your mobile phone :) about how this looks.

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,
Serge.
Serge (TC)
Site Admin

Postby Dill » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Serge,

1) I installed TrueCafe Client on a clean/fresh Windows 7 installation.

2) Maybe Johannes can provide a video because i already downgraded back to Windows XP

Regards,

Dill
Dill

Postby Serge (TC) » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:47 am

That would be great since we can't reproduce this problem on our Windows 7 test computers and don't understand what exactly happens on the login screen.

Regards,
Serge.
Serge (TC)
Site Admin

Postby Jntshali » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi Serge,
I think I have somehow figured out what was causing this problem. I will monitor to make sure it does not popup again !When you go to Tools>Options>Design tab and change the "Refresh terminal/Screenshot every" option and set this to 60000 sec (Which appears to be the only permissible maximun value) the terminals will stop to blink. This appears to be set to 1 sec by default on the new version which I think is the cause of the problem on Win 7. I have not check what happens if I set this value to 0 (but in theory it should mean do nothing).
The previous version of Truecafe had a check box called "Don't refersh when dialog is being displayed" which I think was meant to make sure that this problem will not occur.
TR/ Johannes
Jntshali

Postby Serge (TC) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:23 am

Hello Johannes,

We'll investigate the affect of this option, thank you for the idea!

Please let me know if you have any further problem with this.

Regards,
Serge.
Serge (TC)
Site Admin

Return to General